About our food
We believe that good food makes people happy...
Our menu is kept as close to home as possible. With the sea at our feet, and the mountains a stone’s throw away, we’re spoilt for choice when it comes to local produce. The menu at Llys Meddyg menu would be nothing without our fantastic local suppliers, who really know how to make the most of the incredible produce we have here in Wales. SAMPLE JULY MENU
- Cheese from Caws Cymru, Llandysul
- Organic vegetables, herbs and soft fruit from Troed Y Rhiw, Newquay
- Slow-reared middle white pork from Glyn Elwyn, nr. Cardigan
- Our butchers are TG Davies, Newport
- Coaltown Coffee, Ammanford
- Lobster and Crab from Jonno Vaughan
A family passion for food....
Ed’s brother Rupert owns and runs the very lovely, and totally worth visiting, Snails Delicatessen
in Rhiwbina, Cardiff.
Lou’s great, great grandmother was one of Queen Victoria’s cooks. Great granny Ruth (her grand-daughter) remembers her hand-written royal cookbook – whatever happened to that? We’d love to get our hands on it!