Things to do in Pembrokeshire
If you want to get out and about, here is a list of some of our favourite things to do in Pembrokeshire
1. Pre-history and mystery in Ty Canol woods. For the explorer in you, see if you can find St Brynachs Cave.
2. Stunning rock formations and turquoise waters at the Witches Cauldron. On a low tide, swim through the caves.
3. Exhilarating and informative trip in a rigid inflatable around Ramsey Island.
4. Trips to the RSPB sanctuaries at Ramsey Island and Skomer Island.
5. See the bleeding yews and celtic cross at Nevern (find the deliberate mistake in the Celtic knot work) and see the Ogham writing within the church.
6. Barafundle Bay in South Pembs. Possibly the most beautiful beach in the country? A ten-minute walk to the beach along the cliff top makes it refreshingly uncrowded.
7. Bosherton Lily Ponds.
8. St Governs Chapel.
9. Circular walk around Dinas Island from Cwm yr Eglws stopping to have a drink or lunch at The Old Sailors in Pwll Gwaelod.
10. Walk to the top of Carn Ingli over looking Newport Bay.
11. A visit to St Davids, the smallest city in Europe to see the cathedral and Bishop’s Palace.
12. A drink at “Bessie’s” (Dyffryn Arms) in the Gwaun Valley. Bessie serves her ale from a jug through a hatch in her front room. Bessie herself is a fountain of local knowledge and goings on.
13. Preseli Venture or Fforest outdoor pursuits centres can arrange anything from surfing lessons to climbing and abseiling to coasteering and kayaking.
14. Walk around St. David’s head, recently voted one of the most romantic walks in the country.
15. Visit the Blue Lagoon at Abereiddy and walk the coastal path to the old industrial harbour of Porthgain with its watering holes and gallery before the walk back.
16. Visit the magical windswept peninsula of Strumble Head with its lighthouse and stunning walks.
17. See work in progress and browse the beautiful merchandise at the internationally renown Melin Trewynt (Woollen Mill) and Blueberry Angoras.
18. Solva Harbour is one of the most photographed in the country and is worth a visit also for its shops and galleries and the walk along the “Gribbin”.
19. Catch a film or performance at Theatre Mwldan in Cardigan.
20. Browse the independent boutiques in the market town of Narberth.
Please do feel free to contact us to add your favourite Pembrokeshire pastimes to this list!