Do you fancy yourself as having a green thumb, a talker to the plants or maybe even a tree hugger? We’re on the hunt for someone who’s up for the challenge of bringing our Kitchen Garden to life and delight in all things horticultural.
Be part of the team…
We’re a family business through and through. Family owned, family run and a warm family welcome for everyone that passes through our door. Llys Meddyg is unique (some might even call it quirky), we like to push knowledge, growth and the concept of ‘normal’. Because if everyone was the same, it would be pretty boring right?
If you want to get technical, we’re a restaurant with rooms, but we like to think we’re so much more than that! We’re set on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and we like to think of ourselves as a place for people to relax, catch up with friends and explore new tastes and food concepts, whether that’s in our Cellar Bar, Kitchen Garden or Restaurant.
About the role…
You’ll be responsible for keeping our gardens and flowerbeds looking beautiful around the property. This includes our Kitchen Garden which not only provides vital ingredients for our kitchen but is popular with our Brides and Grooms for photographs, our aquaponic greenhouse and of course the front of our property which is the all important first impression! It’s a varied role so no two days will be the same.
What we need from you…
- Previous experience of using strimmer’s, hedge cutters, mowers and of gardening/fencing
- You’ll take pride in your work and yourself
- Ability to develop further skills and willing to attend further training courses
- Ability to plan and organise work schedule
- Be able to work outside in all weathers and also be able to work at heights
- Have an understanding of what plants are edible and work well in the Pembrokeshire environment
- Work closely with the Kitchen team and a passion for food would be great!
What you’ll get from us…
- The chance to work in a friendly, forward thinking company with investment as a priority
- Great benefits – including pension
- Live in accommodation may be available
- The opportunity for growth within the business
- Salary/Benefits Competitive Salary
- Contract type Permanent
- Hours Part Time
- Hours per week 10-25