Passionate about a fast-paced environment? Have you got a smile that can light up a room and a nurturing nature? You sound just like what we’re looking for!
Be part of the team…
We’re a family business through and through. Family owned, family run and a warm family welcome for everyone that passes through our door. Llys Meddyg is unique (some might even call it quirky), we like to push knowledge, growth and the concept of ‘normal’. Because if everyone was the same, it would be pretty boring right?
If you want to get technical, we’re a restaurant with rooms, but we like to think we’re so much more than that! We’re set on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and we like to think of ourselves as a place for people to relax, catch up with friends and explore new tastes and food concepts, whether that’s in our Cellar Bar, Kitchen Garden or Restaurant.
About the role…
At Llys Meddyg, we take pride in all that Pembrokeshire has to offer and that includes our local produce! Our standards are sky high and our aim is to consistently exceed expectations. No ask too big, no task too small; we’re hands-on and people focused, looking after our guests and our colleagues alike. Your main tasks will include…
- You’ll be responsible for keeping on top of the kitchen, this means dishwashing, keeping inventory of cleaning supplies, waste management including composting and supporting where needed.
- Keep an inventory of cleaning supplies and notify your manager when you need more
- Wash dirty items, such as, dishes, pots, pans, utensils, etc. and verifying cleanliness and returning items to their home
- Keep dish areas orderly and in line with health and safety standards
- Maintain a safe and healthy back of the house environment by following procedures and standards
- Clean other areas as needed such as the public spaces – sweeping, mopping, general cleaning, etc.
- Work with team members to achieve daily needs of the property
- Maintain a positive attitude and keep up with the pace of a demanding kitchen
- Work in a safe manner at all times, ensuring personal safety and safety of others, ensuring all items raised which may cause harm to guests or other team members are addressed immediately
- Complete opening and closing tasks as well as extra cleaning projects as needed
- Lend a hand to not only guests but your colleagues and team alike – we’ve always been in it together!
What we need from you…
- You’ll be an early bird some days and a night owl other, working flexibly during the week and weekends
- You’re able to bend, reach, sweep and be on your feet for prolonged periods of time
- You’ll take safety seriously and follow all fire & security procedures, health & safety standards, and ensure you’re working in a safe manner at all times
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re kind and helpful when interacting with team members and guests
- We leave our egos at the door and help get the job done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You’re flexible and open to lending a hand where needed, especially as we navigate reopening
- You want to join a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What you’ll get from us…
- The chance to work in a friendly, forward thinking company with investment as a priority
- Great benefits – including pension
- Live in accommodation may be available
- The opportunity for growth within the business
- Salary/Benefits Competitive Salary
- Contract type Permanent
- Hours Part time
- Hours per week 20-30
- Date posted16/03/2021
- Closing date12/05/2021